Please note that all screen shots displayed in this blog are works in progress and in no way represent the appearance of the final game. Check out the main site here.

Be sure to follow us everywhere with these links!



Saturday, March 19, 2011

Hitting the big city


So I've started having a serious play around with procedural town generation. It's still VERY early days at the moment, but the above image sort of gives you a rough indication of the direction I'm going and the steps that my algorithm takes to get there. What I'm currently ending up with is a really cool layout of the buildings, but really crappy buildings themselves.

But then again, the dungeon generation used to be god-awful until I refined it a bazillion times, and this IS just revision 1 of the town generator, so you should see a really bad-ass procedural town generator at the end of this.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment