It came to my attention that I should probably do a short post on how to play the Alpha...
Basically the controls are this:
- Arrow keys move you
- Clicking on things activates them
- The tilde key opens the console
- The M key opens the map, and the Esc key closes it again
Some things to note:
- Keep clicking on debris to smash it. Eventually it will break
- Playing with headphones will give you a much better view of the 3D sound engine
- DEFINITELY have your volume turned up as I am quite proud of the sound and music
- Every time you run the game, a new dungeon will be generated. You will never get the same dungeon twice.
- The final game will be more than just dungeons. It just happens that dungeons are what I'm getting working first.
- To quit the game, you must first open the console by pressing the tilde key, then type QUIT.
- The main menu isn't broken. You work it with the mouse.
- I want you to send me bugs if you find them. Not feature ideas. Just bugs.
- Remeber, please, that this is in a VERY early stage of development and is obviously not a full game yet. It is merely a tech demo of the new Hellfire II engine.
Enjoy! Email me if you have any questions!