Please note that all screen shots displayed in this blog are works in progress and in no way represent the appearance of the final game. Check out the main site here.

Be sure to follow us everywhere with these links!



Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Great Stuff

Well, today has certainly been a productive day! After much tweaking and coding, moving between floors of the dungeon now works without a hitch. Currently I'm working on player collision. Once that's done, it's all going to be about populating the dungeon, I guess. I also want to work a bit on the load times, as I'm not happy about them. 45 seconds is too long to wait for a large dungeon to manifest, so I'm going to do what I can to get that down to as small amount of time as I possibly can.

I'm really quite amazed by the dungeons that this algorithm is creating. My development speed has actually been slowed down by my constant stopping to explore each dungeon as I test the program out lol even with no furniture or decoration at all, it's just so fun to walk around in a huge world that the computer has designed and not me...

*sigh* I love it when a crazy idea just... Works...

No comments:

Post a Comment