Please note that all screen shots displayed in this blog are works in progress and in no way represent the appearance of the final game. Check out the main site here.

Be sure to follow us everywhere with these links!



Sunday, July 18, 2010

Back on the Ball

So it's been a little while since I was able to work on The Sword of Ahkranox due to extenuating circumstances, however I dove back in tonight to get the stairs working. Well, after an evening of working on it, I was able to get the left-curving stairs working! Woo!

And yes, yes, I know I promised that I would put up a post regarding in-game languages and such, but silly me forgot to bring the files home from work, so I've been unable to do ANY work on them at all :( very sad. However, I'll do more work on them over the next couple of days and have a post up really soon.

Got myself a brand spanking new Das Keyboard for my development PC so I'm having an absolute BALL of a time programming now. Such an amazing product (no they're not sponsoring me) but if you're a programmer, or do a lot of typing day to day, you really cannot go another minute without looking into getting one. It'll change your world. What is it? It's basically the most perfectly engineered keyboard ever designed. If you're a bit of an old-school geek like me, the "feel" of a button is super duper important to you. Das Keyboard buttons are a bit harder/firmer to push down on than normal keyboards, and have a distinct click when it actually gets registered on the computer. All of the contacts and spring systems inside them are totally gold plated, too, so the keys never wear down or stick, meaning every key always operates perfectly and exactly the same as every other key on the keyboard. You also have the option of doing what I did and ordering the blank version, which has no markings on any of the keys. This is great for both geek factor and your typing speed. I was already typing at an average speed of 87 words per minute, but now I'm doing well over 100. It's awesome.

Anyway, enough of the pitch. I'm going to bed, but I'll be back soon with a post on languages.

Oh, and did I mention that I'm doing Twitter updates now? Add us and follow along with more up-to-date info about the game's development! Woo!

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment